An exploration of civilian miniatures suitable for 25 to 30mm tabeltop high fantasy and steampunk gaming.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tiny Townsfolk: Mission...

This being the inaugural post of Tiny Townsfolk blog, I want to lay out what I see as the mission of this blog.  As an avid miniatures gamer(primarily Warmachine by Privateer Press), I love the idea of scenario-directed games.  With that in mind, I love the many "civilian" and "townspeople" minis available for common gaming scales(25mm to 30mm), and they can facilitate some wonderful objective-oriented games(or modded games).  My goal and mission is to use this blog to display the great variety of figures out there that are suitable for this purpose...thus, "Tiny Townsfolk".

As I am mainly a steampunk/high fantasy player, that's the type of townsfolk you'll be seeing here.  They will vary between 25mm to 30mm in scale, but all will be suitable for most games in that range.    I will always specify the manufacturer's listing for the figure(including catalog code) as well as a pic.  I will also add some "fluff" of my own invention(just for fun) that fits the Iron Kingdoms setting for Warmachine.

By the way, if you are looking for terrain ideas for wargaming, or more Warmachine goodness, be sure to check out my other blog, Iron Kingdoms at War

Thanks, and please feel free to comment at any time, I'd love to know if and how people find "Tiny Townsfolk" helpful.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see this taken further, maybe with Bruegelburg miniatures from lead-adventure.de or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT IDEA!

    Wish you all the best! :O)

    ReplyDelete